An extended family reunites for the holidays and must survive their time at home in the hilarious Almost Christmas, arriving on Digital HD January 24, 2017 and on Blu-ray , DVD and On Demand on February 7, 2017from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. A new comedy from writer/director David E. Talbert (Baggage Claim) and producer Will Packer (Ride Along, Think Like a Man series), Almost Christmas tells the festive story of a beloved patriarch (Danny Glover, Lethal Weapon Series, Shooter) who asks his family for one gift this holiday season: to get along. If they can honor that wish and spend five days under the same roof without killing one another, it will be a Christmas miracle! With exclusive bonus content including a gag reel, Monique’s “Aunt May” unplugged, a behind-the-scenes look at the making of the film, and more, Almost Christmas serves year-round laughs for all.
Starring alongside Glover is a stellar comedic ensemble cast, including Mo’Nique (Precious, “The Parkers”), J.B Smoove (Barbershop: The Next Cut, Date Night), Gabrielle Union (Think Like a Man Too, “Being Mary Jane”), Jessie T. Usher (When the Game Stands Tall, Independence Day: Resurgence) and Omar Epps (“Shooter,” “House”). Hailed as “hilarious and heartwarming” (Ebony), Almost Christmas brings home the joy of family.
The Blu-ray™ Combo Pack includes a Blu-ray™, DVD and Digital HD with UltraViolet™.
- Blu-ray™ unleashes the power of your HDTV and is the best way to watch movies at home, featuring 6X the picture resolution of DVD, exclusive extras and theater-quality surround sound.
- DVD offers the flexibility and convenience of playing movies in more places, both at home and away.
- Digital HD with UltraViolet™ lets you watch movies anywhere, on any device. Users can instantly stream or download movies to watch on iPad®, iPhone®, Android™, smart TVs, connected Blu-ray™ players, game consoles and more.
BLU-RAY™ AND DVD BONUS FEATURES
- Even More Gags
- Aunt May Unplugged– The Queen of comedy lets it rip.
- Home for the Holidays– Go behind-the scenes with the cast of Almost Christmas.
- Meet the Family– Go behind-the scenes with the cast of Almost Christmas.
- Fun on Set– A compilation of all the fun moments from production.
- Coming Home– Cast and crew talk about the importance of the house in the film.
- The ATL!- A look at what makes shooting in Atlanta so special.
- Composing Christmas – The director and composer have a conversation about scoring Almost Christmas.
- The Director Diaries– Director David E. Talbert shows viewers how he created Almost Christmas.
- Walter Meyer’s Sweet Potato Pie– Danny Glover talks about the best way to make sweet potato pie.
- My Favorite Scene Is…The cast talks about their favorite scene in Almost Christmas.
- Working with Actors- Director David E. Talbert shares his thoughts on directing actors.
About Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Universal Pictures Home Entertainment (www.uphe.com) is a unit of Universal Pictures, a division of Universal Studios. Universal Studios is a part of NBCUniversal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.